Micca PB42X Powered Bookshelf Speakers
The PB42X is how we take an already great product and make it even better. It is the natural extension of the MB42X’s success – everything we love about the MB42X is there, and now powered. The frontier of affordable high quality sound is pushed ahead even further with the addition of high quality amplification.
Design, Value, Performance
Micca speakers have never been about being cheap, but rather value and performance. This same philosophy guided the design of the amplifier that transforms the MB42X into the PB42X. Using the latest generation class-D chip from Texas Instrument, the PB42X’s amplifier offers a level of performance far superior to existing low cost amplifier products on the market. Its frequency response is smooth and even, along with exceptionally low distortion and noise floor. Together with the included high quality UL-certified 18V/2A power adapter, the PB42X has on tap 15 watts of clean power for each of its two channels.
We won’t repeat all that goes into the MB42X in making it one of the best reviewed small speakers on the market. Suffice to say, everything you love about the MB42X is in the PB42X, from the drivers to the magnetic grill system. The critical 8-element crossover is also completely unchanged, perfectly preserving the voicing of the speaker.
Versatile and Affordable
The PB42X is designed to be simple to use, with both RCA and 3.5mm stereo input jacks. The rear mounted volume control preserves the clean look that customers have come to love about the MB42X. Use it with your computer, TV, or just plug in your smartphone/tablet. The PB42X is the perfect solution for when your space needs a simple and uncluttered speaker setup. Best of all, it doesn’t break the bank and comes at an extremely affordable price.
Hearing is believing, try the PB42X risk free in your home with your music. Place them along a wall or near a corner of the room for best results. They can be used on desks, book/wall shelves, or on speaker stands. If you are not absolutely delighted with the PB42X’s performance, simply return them for a refund.
- Balanced woven carbon fiber woofer for enhanced transient and impactful bass
- High performance silk dome tweeter for smooth treble and accurate imaging
- Ported enclosure delivers extended bass response with low distortion
- Highly optimized 12dB crossover for incredibly open, balanced, and dynamic sound
- Compact classic design is easy to place and disappears into any room or decor
- Built-in Class-D amplifier with 15Wx2 of clean power
- Personal stereo system, such as office, bedroom, or dedicated 2-channel stereo.
- TV sound and light duty home theater use.
- Woofer: 4″ Carbon Fiber, Rubber Surround
- Tweeter: 0.75″ Silk Dome
- Crossover: 12dB/Octave
- Enclosure: Ported
- Frequency Response: 60Hz-20kHz
- Inputs: 3.5mm Stereo Mini Jack and Stereo RCA
- Power: 15W x 2 <1% THD+N
- Dimensions: 9.5″ (H) x 5.8″ (W) x 6.5″ (D)
Micca PB42X User’s Manual (opens in a new tab/window)
Micca is one of the few manufacturers that specifies the impedance of its speakers as a range, rather than a fixed nominal value. The impedance of a speaker varies depending on the frequency being played, and it is normal for most 8ohm rated speakers have impedance that dip as low as 4ohms or even lower.
While the Micca speakers work just fine with most amplifiers and receivers rated for speakers designed to handle 6ohm or 8ohm speakers, the 4-8ohm rating is a reminder to users that these speakers do have impedance that go down to as low as 4ohms and care should be taken with the listening volume so as not to damage the amplifier or speakers. Please observe the following precautions:
- Do not play the speakers at a volume where there is audible distortion
- If the amplifier’s output protection is triggered, immediately discontinue use
- Ensure that the amplifier has plenty of ventilation and is not in an enclosed space
- If the amplifier has a “4Ohm” or “High Current” mode, enable it
Posted in: Micca MB42, Micca MB42-C, Micca MB42X, Micca MB42X-C
At Micca, we continuously look for ways to improve our products for better performance, quality, and value. Since introduction, MB42X and MB42X-C speakers have undergone evolutionary updates as described below:
Original Release – Based on MB42, with the following differences
- 8-element 12dB/Octave crossover upgrade
- Matte black vinyl
- Magnetic grill system.
MKII – Serial numbers start with “MB42XMKII” or “MB42XCMKII”.
- Slight adjustments to woofer and tweeter response characteristics
- Flared plastic port tube (MB42X only)
- Additional internal bracing at four side enclosure walls
- Poly fill stuffing added
MKIII – Serial numbers start with “MB42X3” or “MB42XC3”
- 9-element 18dB/Octave crossover
- Tighter driver response tolerance
MKIII crossovers are backwards compatible with all previous versions and provides the following benefits:
- Steeper slopes for reduced distortion and acoustic lobing
- Adjusted roll off frequency for improved phase integration
- Updated driver level matching to result in overall smoother response
Posted in: Micca MB42X, Micca MB42X-C
Have a question or encountered a problem using this product? Open an email support ticket: