Micca MB42X-C Center Channel Speaker
Enjoy amazing quality movie soundtrack and music in your home with the compact and budget friendly Micca MB42X-C center channel speaker. Handsomely styled with classic contours and updated design cues, the MB42X-C is easy to place and blends into any room or decor. Its enhanced tonal balance and clarity makes it perfect for use in a home theater, anchoring important dialogue and action to the screen for a cinema-like experience.
High Quality Drivers, Serious Performance
The MB42X-C starts with the proven winning formula of a compact ported enclosure with balanced woven carbon fiber woofers delivering enhanced transient and impactful bass, and a high performance silk dome tweeter for smooth treble and accurate imaging. Additionally, the MB42X-C utilizes a highly optimized 9-element crossover with full 18dB/octave* alignment and compensation network. The result of painstaking fine tuning through balanced application of science and art, the crossover yields a transformed sound signature that is incredibly open, balanced, and dynamic. Along with full size 5-way speaker wire binding posts and hex fasteners, the MB42X-c has a magnetic grill system for added sophistication.
Versatile and Affordable
Hearing is believing. Discover how good an affordable center channel speaker can be by trying one risk free in your home. Place the MB42X-C directly above or below the TV and tilt it towards the listener for best results. They can also be used vertically in a pair as bookshelf speakers. If you are not absolutely delighted with the MB42X-C’s performance, simply return it for a refund.
* 18dB/Octave crossover for MKIII revision, 12dB/Octave for original and MKII revisions.
- Balanced woven carbon fiber woofer for enhanced transient and impactful bass
- High performance silk dome tweeter for smooth treble and accurate imaging
- Ported enclosure delivers extended bass response with low distortion
- Highly optimized 9-element crossover with full 18dB/octave* alignment and compensation network
- Compact classic design is easy to place and disappears into any room or decor
- Home theater center channel
- Use vertically as stereo speakers
- Micca MB42X-C Specifications:
- Woofer: Dual 4″ Carbon Fiber Cone with Rubber Surround
- Tweeter: 0.75″ Silk Dome
- Crossover: Full 18dB/Octave*
- Enclosure: Ported
- Frequency Response: 60Hz-20kHz
- Impedance: 4-8 Ohms
- Sensitivity: 86dB 1W/1M
- Power Handling: 100 Watts (Each)
- Dimensions: 5.3″ (H) x 15″ (W) x 7.1″ (D)
Micca is one of the few manufacturers that specifies the impedance of its speakers as a range, rather than a fixed nominal value. The impedance of a speaker varies depending on the frequency being played, and it is normal for most 8ohm rated speakers have impedance that dip as low as 4ohms or even lower.
While the Micca speakers work just fine with most amplifiers and receivers rated for speakers designed to handle 6ohm or 8ohm speakers, the 4-8ohm rating is a reminder to users that these speakers do have impedance that go down to as low as 4ohms and care should be taken with the listening volume so as not to damage the amplifier or speakers. Please observe the following precautions:
- Do not play the speakers at a volume where there is audible distortion
- If the amplifier’s output protection is triggered, immediately discontinue use
- Ensure that the amplifier has plenty of ventilation and is not in an enclosed space
- If the amplifier has a “4Ohm” or “High Current” mode, enable it
Posted in: Micca MB42, Micca MB42-C, Micca MB42X, Micca MB42X-C
At Micca, we continuously look for ways to improve our products for better performance, quality, and value. Since introduction, MB42X and MB42X-C speakers have undergone evolutionary updates as described below:
Original Release – Based on MB42, with the following differences
- 8-element 12dB/Octave crossover upgrade
- Matte black vinyl
- Magnetic grill system.
MKII – Serial numbers start with “MB42XMKII” or “MB42XCMKII”.
- Slight adjustments to woofer and tweeter response characteristics
- Flared plastic port tube (MB42X only)
- Additional internal bracing at four side enclosure walls
- Poly fill stuffing added
MKIII – Serial numbers start with “MB42X3” or “MB42XC3”
- 9-element 18dB/Octave crossover
- Tighter driver response tolerance
MKIII crossovers are backwards compatible with all previous versions and provides the following benefits:
- Steeper slopes for reduced distortion and acoustic lobing
- Adjusted roll off frequency for improved phase integration
- Updated driver level matching to result in overall smoother response
Posted in: Micca MB42X, Micca MB42X-C
Have a question or encountered a problem using this product? Open an email support ticket: