Micca OriGen Driver Install – Windows 10 Anniversary Update
With the release of Windows 10 Anniversary Update in August 2016, the driver installation sequence has changed in a way that was not anticipated in the Micca OriGen driver package. While we work on a driver package update, please observe the following instructions when installing the driver on Windows 10 with the Anniversary Update:
- Be sure the OriGen is not connected to the computer.
- Disable windows digital driver signature, use the instructions below:
- Save all your work and close all programs. If the computer uses BitLocker drive encryption, temporarily suspend it –
Open Control Panel, select System and Security and then select BitLocker Drive Encryption. Click on Suspend Protection. You can resume protection after the driver installation is complete.
- Click the Start menu and select the Settings icon.
- Click Update and Security, then select Recovery. Under Advanced Startup, click Restart now. The computer will reboot.
- Click Troubleshoot, then Advanced options, then click Startup Settings, and click on Restart. The computer will reboot again.
- On the Startup Settings screen press 7 or F7 to disable driver signature enforcement. The computer will reboot for a third time
- Once the computer finishes rebooting, run the OriGen+ driver installation, but on the final screen when it prompts to restart the computer, click No, I will restart my computer later and click Finish.
- At this time, connect the OriGen and turn it on. A windows driver install dialog box will pop up, leave this open.
- Click on the Start menu and type in “Device Manager” and press enter..
- Expand the Sound, video and game controllers group, there should be a VIA USB Device listed with a triangle exclamation mark.
- Right click on the VIA USB Device and select Properties, the pop up box will show the error “Driver is not intended for this platform”.
- Click on Update Driver, then click on Browse my computer for driver software. Click on Browse and navigate to where you have unpacked the OriGen driver, then the sub folders \VIAUDUSB\DRIVER\VISTA64. Click Next when ready. The driver will be installed correctly.
- Reboot the computer one final time to complete the install. Digital driver signature will be re-enabled automatically.
The last few steps should look similar to the screen shot below:
Posted in: Micca OriGen