SD cards or USB drives not showing up on media players
Micca digital media players support the vast majority of commonly used storage device types, including
SD cards and USB hard drives. There are, however, limitations that users should be aware of. The SD
cards and USB drives must meet the following requirements:
- Not password protected or encrypted.
- SD cards up to 32GB, USB drives up to 2TB.
- USB 3.0 drives are supported if the drive is USB 2.0 compatible.
- File system must be FAT/FAT32 or NTFS.
- Partition type must be Master Boot Record (MBR).
While it is easy to determine the size of a drive, users often don’t know what file system or partition
type is being used. This tutorial shows how a Windows PC can be used to find out the file system and
partition type of a drive.
Determining Drive Properties Tutorial (opens in a new tab/window)
Below is an excellent tutorial on how to determine drive properties on OS X:
Posted in: Micca 1186-Based Media Players - EP600 G2, EP950, Micca EP100, Micca MPLAY-HD, Micca MPLAY-HD WLAN, Micca Speck