Micca MB42X Bookshelf Speakers
The Micca MB42X builds on the success of the sensational MB42 by significantly raising the performance bar while still taking up very little space and budget. Handsomely styled with classic contours and updated design cues, the MB42X is easy to place and blends into any room or decor. Its enhanced tonal balance and clarity makes it a great fit with a wide range of usage scenarios, from background music to home theater.
The MB42X starts with the solid credentials of the MB42: a compact ported enclosure housing a balanced woven carbon fiber woofer delivering enhanced transient and impactful bass, and a high performance silk dome tweeter for smooth treble and accurate imaging. Additionally, the MB42X utilizes a highly optimized 9-element crossover with full 18dB/octave* alignment and compensation network. The result of painstaking fine tuning through balanced application of science and art, the crossover yields a transformed sound signature that is incredibly open, balanced, and dynamic. Along with full size 5-way speaker wire binding posts and hex fasteners, the MB42X has a magnetic grill system for added sophistication.
The MB42X combines the trifecta of solid drivers, advanced crossover design, and optimized enclosure tuning at a shockingly low price. Hearing is believing, try them risk free in your home with your music. Place the MB42X along a wall or near a corner of the room for best results. They can be used on desks, book/wall shelves, or on speaker stands. If you are not absolutely delighted with the MB42X’s performance, simply return them for a refund.
* 18dB/Octave crossover for MKIII revision, 12dB/Octave for original and MKII revisions.
- Balanced woven carbon fiber woofer for enhanced transient and impactful bass
- High performance silk dome tweeter for smooth treble and accurate imaging
- Highly optimized 9-element crossover with full 18dB/octave* alignment and compensation network
- Ported enclosure delivers extended bass response with low distortion
- Dramatically transformed sound signature that is incredibly open, balanced, and dynamic
- Personal stereo system, such as office, bedroom, or dedicated 2-channel stereo.
- TV sound and light duty home theater use.
- Woofer: 4″ Carbon Fiber, Rubber Surround
- Tweeter: 0.75″ Silk Dome
- Crossover: 18dB/Octave*
- Enclosure: Ported
- Frequency Response: 60Hz-20kHz
- Impedance: 4-8 Ohms
- Sensitivity: 85dB 1W/1M
- Power Handling: 75 Watts (Each)
- Dimensions: 9.5″ (H) x 5.8″ (W) x 6.5″ (D)
Micca is one of the few manufacturers that specifies the impedance of its speakers as a range, rather than a fixed nominal value. The impedance of a speaker varies depending on the frequency being played, and it is normal for most 8ohm rated speakers have impedance that dip as low as 4ohms or even lower.
While the Micca speakers work just fine with most amplifiers and receivers rated for speakers designed to handle 6ohm or 8ohm speakers, the 4-8ohm rating is a reminder to users that these speakers do have impedance that go down to as low as 4ohms and care should be taken with the listening volume so as not to damage the amplifier or speakers. Please observe the following precautions:
- Do not play the speakers at a volume where there is audible distortion
- If the amplifier’s output protection is triggered, immediately discontinue use
- Ensure that the amplifier has plenty of ventilation and is not in an enclosed space
- If the amplifier has a “4Ohm” or “High Current” mode, enable it
Posted in: Micca MB42, Micca MB42-C, Micca MB42X, Micca MB42X-C
At Micca, we continuously look for ways to improve our products for better performance, quality, and value. Since introduction, MB42X and MB42X-C speakers have undergone evolutionary updates as described below:
Original Release – Based on MB42, with the following differences
- 8-element 12dB/Octave crossover upgrade
- Matte black vinyl
- Magnetic grill system.
MKII – Serial numbers start with “MB42XMKII” or “MB42XCMKII”.
- Slight adjustments to woofer and tweeter response characteristics
- Flared plastic port tube (MB42X only)
- Additional internal bracing at four side enclosure walls
- Poly fill stuffing added
MKIII – Serial numbers start with “MB42X3” or “MB42XC3”
- 9-element 18dB/Octave crossover
- Tighter driver response tolerance
MKIII crossovers are backwards compatible with all previous versions and provides the following benefits:
- Steeper slopes for reduced distortion and acoustic lobing
- Adjusted roll off frequency for improved phase integration
- Updated driver level matching to result in overall smoother response
Posted in: Micca MB42X, Micca MB42X-C
Have a question or encountered a problem using this product? Open an email support ticket: